Signed in as:
Sometimes it's hard to ask for help. You may feel like you are going to be judged or that you have failed. We all struggle at different times and it's ok to ask for help if you need it. These are some services that you might find helpful:
* Parentline: 1300 30 1300 www.parentline.com.au
• Lifeline: 131 114 www.lifeline.org.au
• One Place (community services directory): www.oneplace.org.au (list of all the community
services you will need)
• Legal Aid: 1300 651 188 www.legalaid.qld.gov.au
• Australian Government Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450
www.tisnational.gov.au (this is a free service)
• National Auslan Intepreter Booking and Payment Service (NABS): 1800 246 945
• National Relay Service: www.relayservice.gov.au
• ATSILS (Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander Legal Service): 07 3804 5033
• Department of Child Safety after hours number: 1800 177 135 www.csyw.qld.gov.au
• Domestic violence hotline: 1800 737 732 www.dvconnect.org
• ReachOut.com (drug, alcohol and gambling addiction help): www.au.reachout.com
• Relationships Australia: 1300 364 277 www.relationships.org.au
For people with a disability:
Where do you find an advocate?
PWD: 1800 422 015
SUFY (Speaking Up For You): 07 3255 1244
Human Rights Commission: 1300 656 419
Parents with a disability can and have had their children returned to them. There is support
for you out there.
I asked for help and it worked for me. It can work for you too ❤️
Copyright © 2020 Parents on a Mission - All Rights Reserved.
Parents on a Mission acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of our great nation and the traditional custodians of the lands where I live, learn and work. I pay my respects to ancestors and Elders, past, present and emerging. Parents on a Mission is committed to honouring Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ unique cultural and spiritual relationships to the land and seas and their rich contribution to our multicultural society. Parents on a Mission will endeavour to capture the unique voice of the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander peoples and empower them on their journeys.
Powered by GoDaddy