Who can I go to for help, advice and support?

Support services

Sometimes it's hard to ask for help. You may feel like you are going to be judged or that you have failed. We all struggle at different times and it's ok to ask for help if you need it. These are some services that you might find helpful:

* Parentline: 1300 30 1300 www.parentline.com.au

• Lifeline: 131 114 www.lifeline.org.au

• One Place (community services directory): www.oneplace.org.au (list of all the community

services you will need)

• Legal Aid: 1300 651 188 www.legalaid.qld.gov.au

• Australian Government Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450 

www.tisnational.gov.au (this is a free service)

• National Auslan Intepreter Booking and Payment Service (NABS): 1800 246 945 


• National Relay Service: www.relayservice.gov.au

• ATSILS (Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander Legal Service): 07 3804 5033


• Department of Child Safety after hours number: 1800 177 135 www.csyw.qld.gov.au

• Domestic violence hotline: 1800 737 732 www.dvconnect.org

• ReachOut.com (drug, alcohol and gambling addiction help): www.au.reachout.com

• Relationships Australia: 1300 364 277 www.relationships.org.au

For people with a disability:

Where do you find an advocate?

PWD: 1800 422 015

SUFY (Speaking Up For You): 07 3255 1244

Human Rights Commission: 1300 656 419

Parents with a disability can and have had their children returned to them. There is support 

for you out there.

I asked for help and it worked for me. It can work for you too ❤️